Welcome to our You Are Here Blog Hop! We will be featuring the new You Are Here Cricut Collection.
If you have come here from Cat Nowak’s Blog, you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around. If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melinda’s Blog. To visit each blog for some great ideas just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go!
I was so excited to discover that there was a ballerina on this cartridge! I have been wanting to make this clipboard to use at recital and I’m sure one of my girls will claim it for the rest of the year. I am also really excited about the gymnast and have pictures ready to use those images on a layout.
Details on exactly how I do a clipboard:
1. Paint edges with acrylic paint if it is not the color you want.
2. Plan design, layout out paper
3. Apply a thin, even layer of modpodge on clipboard
4. Lay paper upside down on table, set clipboard on top (careful to make sure it is lined up the way you want it because you only get one chance with this) and press fimly.
5. Let dry.
6. Flip over and trim paper off the edges using an x-acto knife and/or scissors.
7. Apply another layer of modpodge and arrange added papers and embellishments.
8. Let dry.
9. Add one final coat of modpodge over entire project. Go around any embellishments (like the dots on my project) and make sure you apply around the edges of the clipboard so the paper doesn’t peel up along the edges.
*Note: if you do not let the layers dry completely while you work or if you apply too much modpodge you may end up with bubbles in your work. In this case, just leave it alone! Most of the bubbles with come out (maybe not all) but you will definitely make it worse the more you mess with it. 🙂
Now “Hop” on over to Brenda Lapp’s Blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the consultants at their blogs to get some great crafting ideas!