Products used: KI Memories paper, The Paper Loft paper, stamped image from a friend, Cotton Candy Stickles by Ranger, Darice rhinestones, and CTMH inks, markers, and blending pen.

Challenges:
Flutter by Wednesday #90 – anything goes (butterfly/fairy/angel)
Crafty Creations – glitter & bling!
Papertake Weekly Challenge – sketch #31
Corrosive Challenge – favorite things

Glitter and bling are among my favorite things!  Well, among them and high on the list – really how do I pick just two!!  I have seen many cards done where the papers are all matted but this is the first time I have done it and I have to say I like mine just as much as I like everyone else’s!  I think I will be doing more of this.  I’m not too worried about running out of paper.  ;-)  As I was making this I started wondering – does coloring get hard as you get older??  I don’t have many stamps to color in but I really like the look of them.  Apparantly, I don’t know how to color!  I guess that’s something for me to work on this year.  I just never thought of it as a hard thing to do and now I’m starting to think that it is.  I just love this fairy that was sent to me.  I might have to start buying more stamps to color because I don’t have any detailed ones.  I tend to stick to the simple stamps or two-step stamping because it’s faster.  It is faster but I really am liking the colored look.  This could be a good idea for my Christmas money.  Well, enough rambling.  It’s taken me long enough to make this card without prolonging it any further.  I hope you enjoy it!  Oh – just one more thing – the stamped image was sent to me and I wanted it cut smaller but I could not get it cut straight for anything – therefore I distressed the edges!  It’s a great technique to fool the eye!

10 Comments

Lorraine A · 01/05/2010 at 7:22 am

Oh this is just gorgeous Wendy 😉 I love this image and you coloured her beautifully ,,, yes colouring isn’t eary to get right ,, but you did a lovely job with this ! 🙂 I love the papers you used ,, the colours are fab and the matting just makes them stand out that bit more eh ! 🙂

Thanks for joining the PTW 🙂
Luv
Lols x x

Claire · 01/05/2010 at 8:58 am

Thanks for sharing your Glitter and bling with us at Crafty Creations! Have a great 2010 Cheers Claire x

Deena · 01/05/2010 at 12:10 pm

So sweet!! The image is adorable and i love the colors you’ve used here! Thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge!!!
smiles,Deena

Danni · 01/05/2010 at 12:36 pm

Hey there Wendy!! Cute card! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

saskia · 01/05/2010 at 1:31 pm

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations with your lovely work!

Saskia 🙂

Kris · 01/05/2010 at 2:02 pm

Fun, fun, fun! Great card! love the color combo and this sweet image! Thank for joining us at Flutter by!

Jenn Joncas · 01/05/2010 at 5:06 pm

I love the colours you used Wendy!! You did a great job of colouring, but I know what you mean about it being harder than you think!! I’m just learning how to colour with copics and it takes some talent I think!!!

Jenn (:

Jacki Randolph · 01/05/2010 at 8:20 pm

Such a sweet card! The image is soooooo cute, and I love the colors you used. Thanks for playing at Corrosive Challenge

Kimberly S · 01/05/2010 at 11:58 pm

I love this little faerie, and the colors are fabulous! Thanks so much for joing us for Flutter By Wednesday! 🙂

Donna's Doodles · 01/06/2010 at 3:33 pm

Beautiful card Wendy, I love the bright cheery colours, just we need to warm us up in the UK at the moment 🙂 Donna x