IMG_1716

Well, it was back to scrapbooking today.  This picture was taken at Ariel’s Grotto in Disneyland last month.  We all had a great time.  It is spendy but I would recommend it. Different princesses come to each table to chat, sign autographs, and take pictures.  The food was quite good as well.  Our favorite was probably the dessert.  I enjoyed the healthy choices and fresh produce (sure beats $6 hotdogs!).  Definately get priority seating.

For this layout I used the sketch below as a guide.  The 3D stickers were added on top of other images on the paper to add more dimension.  I don’t know how to explain these Disney stickers by EK Success but you can see that they don’t photograph well due to their shine.  I found them in the clearance section today at Target!  I figured this would be a good way to use a bunch of my flowers – I love them and just can’t get enough!  Good thing I have girls!  My first choice for the centers would have been brads but this was also a way to use up some of the many eyelets that I’ve been collecting. 🙂

Products used: Iced Got Flowers by Prima, eyelets from my stash, Making Memories vellum tag, pink rubon letters Lulu font by American Crafts, 3D stickers by EK Success, unknown Disney paper and adhesive felt ribbon.

Challenge: from Scrapper’s Block Challenge #7.
001

I made these at a weekend crop awhile back.  They were fun and easy to do.  I purchased the chipboard albums (by Bo Bunny) at the LSS.  They were a good price and I liked the decorative page edges.  They came in a variety of colors.  I chose these because they were perfect for Girl Scouts.  The Girl Scout papers, rubons, and embellishments are by K&Company and the best place I’ve found to get these was JoAnns online.  Other stickers, the ribbon, sparkles, and stamps are CTMH.

Junior Album:

img_9000

img_9001

img_9002

img_9003

img_9004

img_9005

Brownie Album:
img_8994

img_8995

img_8996

img_8997

img_8998

img_8999

This was a very simple page.  Every year the girls go to my mom’s and help her collect the harvest of pumpkins and squash that they planted in her garden.
Supplies: Close to My Heart paper and Home Accent rub-ons.

This originally was an advertising box that came in the mail, I think with CDs in it.  I don’t even remember anymore what it first looked like.  I knew when I got it though that it should be altered as opposed to thrown away.  It’s amazing what a little acrylic paint can do.  I painted it, covered it with paper and pictures using Mod Podge, added embellishments and rub-ons and turned this trash into a treasure!

Here’s something that I never thought I would do – cut up a picture!  I have to say that it adds a lot to a simple layout.  The nice thing about most of us having digital pictures now is that you can easily print another copy.  This one was a professional picture but I made a copy for my scrapbook because I was scared of messing it up and losing the picture forever.  However, I am happy with the result.  Your challenge this week is to try this mosaic techique.  It works great for scenic photos and one thing to remember is that the squares do not need to all be the same size.  (Ex. you could make the first column 1″ wide, the next column 2″ and the last column 1″.