Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! We will be featuring June’s SOTM, which is called Tender Tags, a set of 15 stamps.
This month we have 42 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month’s SOTM and other great CTMH products on their blogs. This is simple to do – just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one!
Laurie R Newton
Tammy Lea Pinchard
I have lots of pics so this may take a bit to load…
All supplies are CTMH:
– 3×3 Mini Album (cream with organdy)
– Paper: Life Delights and Colonial White cardstock
– Colors: Sweet Leaf, Lilac Mist, Blush, Baby Pink, Chocolate (and blending pen).
– Stamp Sets: Free Spirit, June Word Puzzle, Friendship Blessings, Spot on Backgrounds, Playful Flourishes, April Word Puzzle, Celebrate Life, A Friend Is…, and Made by Me.
I used a blending pen to color in the flowers on the front cover. The cover was very easy to stamp on, just lay the book open and hold flat with the ribbon tucked under. Now I want to do more of a “boy” one. I’ll share when I get it done but it could be awhile. 🙂
These notepads were fun and easy to make, and also inexpensive. My kids have used them for party favors and in place of birthday treats at school. The kids love them!
Directions: Cut your paper 3″ x 6 1/4″. Score 3″ from each end and fold. This gives you a 1/4″ in the center for the height of your inner paper. Decorate the outside of the notepad however you wish. Use double stick tape to adhere a post-it pad on the inside and your done! If you plan to use eyelets like I did, I would recommend using the Crop-a-Dile. It sets beautifully and will not leave any sharp edges. I used CTMH papers: Rough ‘N Tumble, More to Adore, Good Times, Whoops-A-Daisy, and Let’s Get Together. Stamps used were also CTMH: Little Boys, Adorable, Star Struck, Flutter, Fun Times, and Love in Bloom.
I absolutely love how these frames turned out and they are just what I wanted to display in my scrapbook room. I made one for each of my daughter’s with some of my favorite pictures of them. They each helped choose the paper for their frame. The frames have an easel on the back and a hook for hanging. I have mine hung because I need all the extra desk space I can get in my scrapbook room. They do hang out a bit from the wall because of the easel. The frames are Bare Elements by Creative Imagination and I can’t wait to try more of their products.
For Christine’s frame, I used Making Memories acrylic paint (chocolate) and painted the edges of the frame (under the paper is white, no need to waste). Next I cut the patterned paper to fit the frame, marked the center square on the back and used an exacto knife to cut out the center. This takes a bit of measuring. The paper is Die Cuts With a View from the Glitter Stack. It adds a lot of sparkle and dimension on it’s own, which was perfect for this project. Next, I adhered the paper and her name. I used Mod Podge (I prefer matte) as my adhesive and also added a coat to the top to protect it. Note: When using Mod Podge, apply in thin coats and be sure to let the bottom coat (under your paper) dry before applying a coat overtop. The letters are Silver Glitter Alphabet Chipboard by K&Co. The glitter was coming off some of the letters so I sealed them with a layer of Mod Podge and it worked like magic. I painted the chipboard flourish with MM paint (capri) and added a couple coats of MM Specialty Glaze – Glitter. It’s hard to see from the photo but it adds a nice extra touch. I finished it off with the flowers using silver brads in the center and adhering with glue dots.
For Steph’s frame I left the outside white, which is how it comes. This eliminated the first step of painting. The paper again is DCWV and I painted the flourish using MM (sky) paint and the glitter glaze. I wish I knew what these chipboard letters are because the glitter on them is sealed very well and I really like them. If you recognize them please let me know. The brad in the center of the flower is a Bazzill Really Big Brad. I rubbed it on a glue pad and then sprinkled glitter over it. After that was dry I added a coat of Mod Podge overtop to seal it.