For a standout title, try using large monogram letters for your entire title.  I used Basic Grey undressed chipboard monograms for these layouts.  (Note: chipboard that is plain and unfinished is often called undressed, bare, or naked.)  For extra letters, you can trace on chipboard and cut them out.  Next, I traced the letters on cardstock, cut out, embellished, and glued to the chipboard.  Be sure to embellish the letters before adhering to the chipboard.  The ways to embellish these monograms are endless.  You can use buttons, brads, eyelets, snaps, rivets, charms, ribbon, fiber, clips, staples, tags, diecuts, etc.  You can also use techniques such as stamping, stitching, inking, distressing, doodling, etc.  My favorite adhesive when using chipboard is Liquid Glass by CTMH.  There is a bit of drying time involved but it will hold forever!

I absolutely love how these frames turned out and they are just what I wanted to display in my scrapbook room.  I made one for each of my daughter’s with some of my favorite pictures of them.  They each helped choose the paper for their frame.  The frames have an easel on the back and a hook for hanging.  I have mine hung because I need all the extra desk space I can get in my scrapbook room.  They do hang out a bit from the wall because of the easel.  The frames are Bare Elements by Creative Imagination and I can’t wait to try more of their products.

For Christine’s frame, I used Making Memories acrylic paint (chocolate) and painted the edges of the frame (under the paper is white, no need to waste).  Next I cut the patterned paper to fit the frame, marked the center square on the back and used an exacto knife to cut out the center.  This takes a bit of measuring.  The paper is Die Cuts With a View from the Glitter Stack.  It adds a lot of sparkle and dimension on it’s own, which was perfect for this project.  Next, I adhered the paper and her name.  I used Mod Podge (I prefer matte) as my adhesive and also added a coat to the top to protect it.  Note: When using Mod Podge, apply in thin coats and be sure to let the bottom coat (under your paper) dry before applying a coat overtop.  The letters are Silver Glitter Alphabet Chipboard by K&Co.  The glitter was coming off some of the letters so I sealed them with a layer of Mod Podge and it worked like magic.  I painted the chipboard flourish with MM paint (capri) and added a couple coats of MM Specialty Glaze – Glitter.  It’s hard to see from the photo but it adds a nice extra touch.  I finished it off with the flowers using silver brads in the center and adhering with glue dots.

For Steph’s frame I left the outside white, which is how it comes.  This eliminated the first step of painting.  The paper again is DCWV and I painted the flourish using MM (sky) paint and the glitter glaze.  I wish I knew what these chipboard letters are because the glitter on them is sealed very well and I really like them.  If you recognize them please let me know.  The brad in the center of the flower is a Bazzill Really Big Brad.  I rubbed it on a glue pad and then sprinkled glitter over it.  After that was dry I added a coat of Mod Podge overtop to seal it.

Although I do not use them very often because of their cost, overlays can add a lot to a layout.  On the page below I added pictures underneath the overlay and on the top I added the title and chipboard flower.  I then stitched the overlay to the background paper to hold everything in place.

Ahh, two of my favorite things!!  I did this layout the other day and didn’t have any brown brads for the centers of my flowers.  As an alternative, I used just a drop of acrylic paint for the center.  These are fairly small flowers and I only needed a small drop so when you try this the first time you may need to practice on a couple.  It is an inexpensive way to match your layout perfectly and those acrylic paints we have sitting on our shelves.

Here is the complete layout (made with all scraps too!):